Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hey, whatever you want to eat...

So my company is an international company and we have offices in Europe, India and China. While I was working in France, we also had a group of guys from China working there, along with a bunch of Indian guys.

Those that know me know that I eat about everything. I LOVE Italian food, viet food (of course!), Japanese, some Korean BBQ, good ole midwest BBQ, Thai... Well, there's some selection of places to eat in the town we were staying in, but the guys from China would ONLY eat Chinese food.

I brought this up with some of the guys I work with, and when one of them was at a corporate meeting in Czech Republic, the guys from China would only eat Chinese food too. And when we had some guys from China in our office here in Cali, they only ate at the Chinese restaurants.

Just thought it was a bit odd…. The guys from India eat pretty much everything like I do. I haven’t made it to China yet, but I’m probably guessing outside of the metropolis areas, they probably don’t have much variety in food. Guess I need to go find out!

There is this one lady at work from the Midwest, and when she goes down to our plant in Mexico for any number of days, she brings her own stock of food (burgers, fries, sodas). Apparently she doesn’t like Mexican food and is perfectly content eating her ‘mid-west’ food.

Hey, whatever makes you happy to eat!

No comments: